Writing and submitting articles
What topics do we accept?
Our audience consists of Leaders, Managers, HR Professionals, Business Owners and anyone interested in Personal Growth or People Development. The topics we accept are:
- Human Resources
- Managing People
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Personal Growth
- People Development
We are particularly interested in up to date, cutting edge and topical people development topics
Who can write for us?
Our free author offer is for industry experts, thought leaders and specialists in the people development field, who wish to share their expertise and showcase what they can do for our audience.
Our premium author offer is for industry experts, thought leaders and specialists in the people development field who wish to share their expertise, but who also wish to routinely advertise their products, services and events. This membership allows links to their site within the body of the article. See further guidance for premium authors here.
Our paid article offer is for industry experts, thought leaders and specialists in the people development field who wish to share their expertise, but who also wish to routinely advertise their products, services and events. It is also for PR Agencies and Marketers who wish to share their own or their client’s expertise, products and services.
Our PR Agency offer is for PR Agencies and Marketers who wish to share their own or their client’s expertise, products and services.
We only accept original articles
All articles must be original, not published elsewhere in any form. This is to avoid search engine penalties for duplicate content, which are severe and can affect both websites involved in posting duplicate content. After a period of 30 days, authors may repost articles elsewhere if we are informed in advance. We also ask that a link to the article on this network is attached to the article stating it was first published here. If it subsequently transpires the article has been duplicated without the link to the original, we will consider deleting the article. If a paid article or part of premium membership we will not be in a position to issue any refund.
How long an article will remain on the site
Once an article is accepted, it will remain on the site for a minimum of two years. This includes free and paid articles. Any agreed links in paid articles will also be included for 24 months. You should try to submit evergreen articles which stand the test of time. Articles which become outdated or stale because at the time of publication will not stand the test of time. In reality, we will keep generally keep an article on-site for much longer than 24 months and ideally permanently. Articles may be deleted after 24 months if:
- The content is thin and not/no longer relevant to our audience
- Articles are not attracting readers
- Articles become stale or old news
Please see our terms and conditions to find out your rights about publication on our website.
Writing your article
- Individual posts should run between 400 and 1500 words.
- Posts should be written in a clear, engaging and accessible first-person style that minimizes jargon and buzz words.
- The most successful articles contain interesting perspectives and new ideas, “how-to” and experiences of the author.
- Articles should “add value” to the reader and give them some interesting information to read and think about, and should not be promotional.
- Articles should be SEO friendly and meet Google’s readability standards. See more below.
- We will not publish an article without a completed bio. The bio contains all your contact information, so there is no need to input this information at the bottom, or the body of your article.
Best Practice writing
Our passion is to create a unique and professional experience for our readers. Creating real value and worth so they come back again and again. We want to help them consider People Development from several angles. We wrote these tips to help you write a first-class article.
If you’d like to sign up for our writing course which helps you write to be found. You can sign up here.
About links in your article
Links in your bio
You will be able to have a no-follow link back to your own site via your bio. We may require proof of ownership. Any link must be entered in the designated space provided in the author profile box. We do not accept links back to your site or any third party websites or URL’s in the body of the bio. You will be able to include links to your social media pages and these must be included in the designated spaces provided in the author profile box.
Links in the body of your article
Links in the body of your article are allowed if they point to validated scientific research or wiki pages, or articles from professional authorities (not your own website or 3rd party blogs) which provide information to back up your article content to readers.
There is no facility to promote products or services or sign up pages. Free authorship is for industry experts who wish to share their expertise with their people development audience. This is not for PR Agencies or Marketers attempting to insert links on behalf of clients or third party websites.
- Your article should contain no more than 2 links, these should not be keywords. (I.e. not Leadership Development or Human Resources, any of our keywords, or category or tag words). They can, however, point to products and services or sign up pages.
- We do not accept gambling, finance, casino or any inappropriate links.
- Your article should contain a keyword or key phrase. This keyword or key phrase will describe your article in a nutshell.
- Develop an engaging heading. Studies show that the most engaging headings are those which are read most. Your heading must include your keyword or key phrase.
- Your article keyword or key phrase should appear 2 – 3 times for every 200 words.
- Include an external link(s) to other useful information the reader might be interested in.
- An SEO checklist is available underneath the post, if you are familiar with this, please complete, otherwise, the magazine team will optimise your post. We may make minor changes which do not change the substance of the article but will help the article more likely be indexed by search engines.
Please upload a featured image for your article. You must have the right to use the image with your article, and therefore we ask that you credit the image with the original source. We take copyright infringement seriously, and if an image is credited incorrectly, we accept no liability for any damages or legal action thus, if you do not credit your source, we will use one from our own stock. If you do not upload an image, we will use one from our own stock.
Accuracy and checking your article
- You as the author are responsible for the content you post, meaning any facts, dates etc. Should be correct and you should also spell-check your article before submitting it. We undertake a very basic check before posting and we will not be held responsible for any inaccuracies or errors posted by authors.
- Although you as the author are responsible for the content you sent us, we have the final say on headlines, illustrations and placement of the article. If necessary we also require authors to confirm exclusive copyright, including the right to electronic distribution.
Terms and conditions
Articles must comply with our terms and conditions and we reserve the right to refuse to publish inappropriate material. There are different considerations for our Premium Author Membership
Uploading Your Article and completing your profile
How to upload your article
Log into your account using the following link:
Once logged in, follow this link.
Completing your profile
Your profile should not include any links in the body of the text. (There is a designated space for author website). Your profile should not consist of more than 200 words. You should include all social media links.
It’s important to make sure you are happy with your profile. The profile nestles at the end of the article and is the first thing a reader will see once they’ve read your article. Simply click on “profile” on the menu on the right under the dashboard and scroll down to “name”, or follow this link. Complete the required fields.
Sharing your article
We want your article to be shared as widely as possible. As well as sharing across our vast network, we hope you also share with your own. Here is a checklist of useful places to share. We would also be grateful if you would share other member articles which you feel might be valuable for your own network!
- Your Linkedin profile page
- Your Linkedin Company Page
- Your Linkedin Profile (there are spaces within your own profile to showcase your articles)
- Across Your Linkedin Groups
- Facebook Profile
- Facebook Company Page
- Google + Profile
- Google + Business Page
- Your Google + Communities
- Pinterest Boards
- You Tube
- Your Newsletter
- Link to the bottom of your email
- Slide share
Sharing is easy! Simply use the share buttons on the left-hand side of the magazine and at the top and bottom of each post.
Our audience is spread around the world. For this reason, you are not likely to get the best traction for physical events which are based outside of large cities. This facility definitely works better for events based in large cities, large conference-type events, online teaching and webinars. However, if you wish us to target a local area we are happy to do so. We are not able to guarantee to achieve take-up of your event. Success will depend on the suitability, location and availability of your event to our readers.
To upload an event
Helping the community to grow
We want to help you to get your message out. To do so we want our community and readership to expand and grow steadily. We have several social media platforms, which we share and promote your articles, we would be forever grateful if you would:
- Come and like our FACEBOOK PAGE
- Come and follow our LINKEDIN PAGE
- Come and follow my LINKEDIN PROFILE
- Come and join our LINKEDIN GROUP
- Come and follow our PINTEREST BOARD
- Follow us on SLIDESHARE
- Follow us on our MAIN TWITTER
- Follow us on our MAGAZINE TWITTER ACCOUNT
- Add our RSS to your twitter stream
We are here to help you. If you want further assistance or want to contact one of our team, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org