The 7 main steps to developing and giving 360 feedback.
In most organisations, leaders must deal with a number of key people. These can be internal and external stakeholders and networks. They will undertake various interactions with the leader in the course of their work. These key people may include their own staff, customers, partners and suppliers. One of the best tools organisations use to assess the performance of leaders is 360 Feedback. Used with professional HR help this tool can help to assess individual and collective learning needs. It can inform the organisational leadership development strategy.
The 360 feedback tool involves gathering feedback from those customers or stakeholders who interact with the leader. Used this way, the feedback tool can help give a rounded view of how leaders in the organisation are performing. Because effective leaders embrace continuous development the tool is popular. This tool used in the right way can achieve great results and enhance your development portfolio.
Developing and giving 360 Feedback
There are 7 main steps to developing and giving 360 feedback
- Decide how the information from the feedback will be used.
- Identify the person receiving the feedback. Make sure that they give their consent and that they understand the purpose.
- Agree on the framework of competencies to be used. Make sure when doing so you frame the questions in a positive way.
- Agree with the participant the key people be involved.
- The participant will complete a self-assessment so that they can measure their own assessment against others.
- Collect data confidentially
- Give feedback to the individual
The data from the feedback can be analysed, subject to confidentiality provisions.
Develop a feedback tool
Your Human Resources practitioner can help you develop a great feedback tool, which can begin driving up performance immediately. This might include supporting you to:
- Develop individual or team 360 feedback campaigns
- Engage with leaders and managers to build a framework to develop the 360 feedback tool
- Develop a tool aligned with Key Performance Indicators and essential skills
- Conduct 360 feedback interviews.
- Consolidate and deliver confidential results
- Deliver 360 feedback through individual coaching sessions.
- Develop an organisational framework of key skills and gaps